Networking, Seminars, Training & Workshops
Intellectual Property Forum sponsored by TEDCO Wednesday, April 26, 2017 from 3 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Salisbury University, Academic Commons,. Intellectual property (patent) strategies for start ups and entrepreneurs. For more information and to register, visit the Intellectual Property Workshop website, or download a flyer (PDF).
Rural Small Business Lending Workshop: Tools of the Trade. Thurs., May 4, 2017 from 11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Chesapeake College, Eastern Shore Higher Education Center, 1000 College Circle, Wye Mills, MD. FDIC, USDA, SBA, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond and other rural small business resource panelists will discuss how small businesses can access capital. Looking for money to start or expand your business? This is a great opportunity! Pre-registration is required! Register online.
Upcoming SCORE Workshops:
Experts from SCORE Chapter 670 will be instructing these sessions which will be held from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Chesapeake Heritage and Visitor Center, 425 Piney Narrows Road, Chester, MD 21619. Download a flyer (PDF).
2017 Queen Anne County Business Opportunity Update
Wednesday, April 12, 2017: Learn how Queen Anne's County Economic Development and other resource providers can assist you as you start or expand your businesses. Find out more about the Queen Anne's County Enterprise Zone, EDIF program and other business incentives. Kim Hayes, from SCORE, will discuss the banks are looking for in a loan application.
Discussion on How to Create, Form & Grow a New Business
Wednesday, April 26, 2017: Mike Thiekle, of the Eastern Shore Entrepreneur Center, will discuss a new business plan form called Business Model Mapping 101. Erin Neusbaum, of the Queen Anne's County Free Library, will discuss the information resources available to business owners and how to access them for free!
Quick Books 101 Overview
Wednesday, May 10, 2017: Larissa Davidson will present a basic overview of how to use Quickbooks for small businesses.
Quick Books Question Discussion
Wednesday, May 24, 2017: A more detailed follow up to the overview, Larissa Davidson will delve deeper into Quckbooks and provide answers to complex issues that arise in the use of this program.
Networking, Training, Seminars & Workshop Providers
- Upper Shore Workforce Investment Board (USWIB) - Provides career training and employment resources to employers and job seekers. Sponsors training in trades.
- Maryland Capital Resources - Full list of business resource seminars and workshops is available on the website.
- Mid-Atlantic Women in Agriculture - Facebook "MidAtlantic Women in Agriculture." Webinars, workshops, Annie's Project, and annual convention through the University of Maryland Cooperative Extension.
- SCORE- Subscribe to newsletter to receive information about upcoming seminars and workshop. Local Chapter 670 in Chestertown can be reached at 410-810-2968.
- Queen Anne's County Chamber of Commerce - Attend Mixers, Workshops, and Lunch N Learns for members.
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC) - Provides one on one free counseling and links to resources. Contact the local office based at Chesapeake College at 410-827-5304.
- Stories of the Chesapeake Heritage Area provides resources, workshops, grants and networking opportunities for heritage-based organizations.
- TEDCO is a resource of mentoring, funding and networking for entrepreneurs and start-ups that need guidance as they bring innovative concepts to market.
It is an independent organization that strives to be Maryland's lead source for entrepreneurial business assistance and seed funding for the development of startup companies in Maryland's innovation economy.
- Upper Shore Regional Council is a regional planning and development agency for Cecil, Kent and Queen Anne's counties. It exists to foster the physical, economic and social development of the region. For the development of the area's human and economic resources, the Council initiates and coordinates plans and projects
- MARBIDCO(Maryland Agriculture Resource Based Industry Development Co). The mission of this organization is to assist Maryland's farm, forestry and seafood businesses to achieve profitablity and sustainablility by providing targeted services, such as loans and grants, that help retain exisitng Ag/RBI production and commerce, promote rural entrepreneurship, and nurture emerging industries.
For more information about upcoming events, workshops and seminars in Queen Anne's County, visit our Facebook page - Queen Anne's County Economic Development.