Information > Historic Sacred Sites of QAC > Church Hill > Apostolic Church of the Living God
Apostolic Church of the Living God
1896 - 1961
Starr, north side of Neighbors road
Historic Site Survey of Queen Anne's County - QA 426
This church was abandoned when the congregation took over the larger Asbury Methodist Church given to them by the white Methodist Congregation of Starr. Asbury Church is located directly south of and within sight of the Apostolic Church of the Living God building.
Structure was built in the early 20th century.
Historic Site Survey - QA367 Asbury Church – Starr
It was probably built between 1896 and 1915 (Apostolic Church of the Living God). In 1961 the black people left the smaller chapel north of this church (Starr)
It states that prior to the building of Apostolic Church of the Living God, beginning in 1865 the black congregation used the old Starr Church.
Today, the building is so covered by vines and weeds you can hardly see it.