Services > Public Information - QACTV > Public Access Channel > How to Submit PSAs
Any nonprofit organization serving Queen Anne’s County can use the community bulletin board on Cable Channel 6 to publicize events, performances, meetings, jobs, or public service messages. The bulletin board appears 7 days a week, between video programs and during non-programming hours. They cannot broadcast product or service advertising for private sector businesses.
Create your PSA slides in PowerPoint and save as JPEG files:
- click on the "File" pull-down menu, select "save as" and name your file
- click on the "Save as type" pull-down menu and select "JPEG File Interchange Format" (*.jpg) see image below
- click the "Save" button and select "Every Slide" in the next window prompt
- email the slides to (to be determined soon)
- Try to submit PSAs at least two weeks before you want them to air.
TIPS for creating effective PSA slides:
- Use FONT colors that contrast well against the background color. Use photos to enhance your message.
- KEEP it SHORT!... each slide should contain no more than 7 lines. Use no more than 3 slides for any one PSA message
- 30 point type for titles and 20 point or larger for content
- TV has a safe zone…content near the borders will be cut off…keep important content in the middle of the slide, at least an inch away from the borders.
8:00am - 4:30pm
Monday - Friday