COUNTY COMMISSIONERS SCHEDULE TUESDAY, MAY 11, 2021
To comply with the Governor’s proclamation declaring a state of emergency in Maryland, to minimize the person-to-person spread of COVID-19, we encourage that citizens stay home and watch the County Commissioner’s meeting live on our QAC Website at qac.org/live or on QACTV’s Television channel on Atlantic Broadband cable (channel 7 or in HD 507).
To maintain social distancing, seating will be limited. If you have any respiratory symptoms such as fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath, please refrain from attending the meeting and notify a healthcare provider.
5:15 P.M. Under Section 3-305(b) (3) of the General Prevision Article
Call to Order
5:30 p.m. Call to Order,
Pledge of Allegiance,
Moment of Silence,
Approval of Agenda
Accept County Commissioners’ Minutes
- Regular Minutes – April 27, 2021
- Closed Session – April 27, 2021
Press and Public Comments**
5:45 p.m. DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC WORKS Admin/Engineering
1. Draft 2021 Annual MDOT Transportation Priority Letter - For inclusion in the FY22-27 Consolidated Transportation Plan Roads
2. Systematic Replacement of Shop Lift
3. Systematic Replacement of Fleet Equipment – Two (2) ¾ Ton Pickups
6:00 p.m. Mr. Todd R. Mohn, PE, County Administrator
“Presentation of Documents for Signatures and Weekly Correspondence” Action
1. Character Counts – Pillar of the Month - Caring
2. Kent Narrows Waterfront Pedestrian Wayfinding Project - Support letter
3. Recommendation for Approval of Revised Broadband Grant Submission
4. Housing Bond Allocation Transfer 2021
5. Department of Parks Equipment Purchase
6. Department of Parks Equipment Purchase
7. Kent Island Branch Library – Letter of Certification for FY22 State Grant Funding
8. Rural Legacy – Easement Valuation System (EVS)
6:15 p.m. Ms. Catherine Willis, Department of Community Services Director
“Older American’s Month Proclamation”
6:30 p.m. Legislative Session County Ordinance 21-05 - the Expansion of the Kent Narrows Commercial Management and Waterfront
Improvement District Established Under Article IV of Chapter 5 of the Code of Public Local Laws of Queen Anne’s County
(to be introduced)
6:40 p.m. Press and Public Comments**
6:50 p.m. Commissioner’s Roundtable
Constant Yield Hearing
7:00 p.m. Constant Yield Hearing
* Please note that Schedule times are subject to change, except for public hearings.
PUBLIC COMMENT SIGN-IN SHEET WILL BE AVAILABLE 1 HOUR PRIOR TO THE MEETING.
** Press and Public Comments at the beginning of the meeting will last 15 minutes. Additional time will be available at the end of the meeting for anyone wishing to speak. Comments are limited to 3 minutes in length. Comments longer than 3 minutes must be submitted in writing. PUBLIC COMMENT SIGN-IN SHEET WILL BE AVAILABLE 1 HOUR PRIOR TO THE MEETING.
*** Part of the meeting may be closed to the Public in accordance to the Open Meetings Act procedures.
****Agendas will be posted by 4:30 pm the Friday prior to the meeting. The meeting attachments will be posted on the agenda by 4:30 pm the Monday prior to the meeting.
Three or more of the County Commissioners may be attending the following events in the next few weeks: May 19Chesapeake College Multi-County Budget Meeting