The August 13th meeting started at 5:25 p.m. with a closed session (Administrative) Boards and Commission.
The regular meeting started at 5:30 p.m.
- Social Services Advisory Board Appointment – Motion to appoint three (3) members to the Social Services Advisory Board as recommended by the Dept. of Social Services as follows: Michael Murphy, Michael Myers and Pastor Mark Farnell. -APPROVED, 5-0
- Employee Awards Committee Appointment - Motion to re-appoint Dave Crow and appoint Shane Moore to a two-year term on the Employee Awards Committee to begin immediately and end December 31, 2021. -APPROVED, 5-0
- Spending Affordability Committee Appointment – Motion to re-appoint Joseph Zimmerman to a two-year term on the Spending Affordability Committee to begin immediately and end September 30, 2021. -APPROVED, 5-0
- An update on Bennett Point Road Speed Limit – This is a re-review of the posted speed limit on a portion of Bennett Point Road where the speed limit postings were reduced back in 2004 (from 50 mph to 35 mph) to address safety concerns from residents and school bus drivers. Subsequent driver speed studies conducted in 2006 and 2018 support a speed posting on this section of Bennett Point Road up to 45 mph. – NO ACTION, RECORD LEFT FOR ADDITIONAL PUBLIC COMMENT
- SHA Grasonville LLC (t/a Queenstown Assisted Living) – This is a standard Public Works Agreement for sewer allocation to be used for the new 79-bed Queenstown Assisted Living facility on Nesbit Road (across from the Emergency Center). – APPROVED, 5-0
- Perry’s Retreat Subdivision – This is a request for 39,000 gallons per day of water allocation and 7,000 gallons per day of additional sewer allocation for Elm Street Development’s proposed 156 dwelling subdivision on Perry’s Corner Road. The cost of this allocation is $1,001,600. This allocation was recently recaptured and the project developer is now ready to move forward and place a 10% non-refundable deposit. – APPROVED, 5-0
- Certification for Cooperative Local-State Library Aid Programs for FY 2020 – This is an annual certification form to document our local Library contribution matches the required minimum contribution needed to receive Cooperative State Library Aid in the amount of $191,614 for FY 2020. – APPROVED, 5-0
- Town of Barclay Resolution 19-01 (Annexation of the Lands of DeMoss & Semans and Waiver Request) – This is a request from the Town of Barclay to annex four parcels of land (83-acres) that are adjacent to the Town and for a waiver grant on the 5-year hold on current zoning. – MOTION APPROVED 5-0 TO FORWARD TO the Planning Commission for a finding of consistency and recommendation that will come back to the Commissioners for a final decision.
- Resiliency Planning & Financing for MD Counties QAC Workgroup & Charge – This is a list of staff suggested workgroup participants, the workgroup charge and project timeline for the County’s participation in the University of Maryland’s Resiliency Planning & Financing project for Global Sustainability. – TABLED pending further review of workgroup members.
- Commercial Real Property Tax Credit Request – Reichardt Kent Island, LLC – This is a request for a Commercial Real Property Tax Credit for the project known as Dogwood Acres Pet Retreat on property owned by Reichardt Kent Island, LLC, at 1220 Sonny Schultz Boulevard, Stevensville, MD. The project is proposing to create 15 new full-time jobs within 36 months of opening (exceeds the minimum of 12) and the project has an estimated value of $3.0 million exceeding the the minimum increase of $25,000. – APPROVED, 5-0
- Subscription to Office 365 – This is a bid request to purchase a subscription-based model for Microsoft Office and cloud-based email for county workstations/users. Funds from the County IT Infrastructure project in the amount of $75,840 are available for this purchase in FY20. Operating funds will be budgeted onward for this service. – APPROVED, 5-0
- BOE request for approval of transfers between major state categories – This is a Board of Education request to transfer funds between major categories. – APPROVED, 5-0
- BOE Additional appropriation request of restricted (grant) funding – This is a Board of Education Request for additional appropriation of authority of restricted (federal grant) funding in the amount of $300,000 for the period of June 30, 2019. – APPROVED, 5-0
- Budget Amendment CC-2 – This budget amendment provides funding for Property Tax Credits authorized for property owned by Volunteer Fire Department members for FY20 using the Bridge Fund as the source. – APPROVED, 5-0
- Budget Amendment CC-3 – This budget amendment adjusts various capital projects which were reduced during the FY20 budget work session. – APPROVED, 5-0
- Budget Amendment CC-4 – This budget amendment increases the revenue actually awarded for a Tourism Grant received. – APPROVED, 5-0
- FEMA – Special Flood Hazard Area determination
- MDTA Board Approved Public Hearing, Comment Period for New toll Payment Options
- MDE – Shellfish harvesting report
- Historic Christ Church Acceptance letter
- LGTCA Statutory Notice of Claim for Unliquidated Damages
- Notification of Adjacent Property Owners
- QAC Plumbing & HVAC Board minutes
- For All Seasons thank you letter
- Big Brothers Big Sisters thank you letter
- MAMSA: MS4 Permit Appeals
- BOE – transfers within major state categories
QAC Centre for the Arts Update – Mr. Rick Strittmater, Executive Director
Public Hearing 6:10pm
County Ordinance 19-13 - The Prohibition of the Release of Non-Biodegradable Balloons within Queen Anne’s County – RECORD LEFT OPEN WITH PROPOSED AMENDMENTS TO BE PRESENTED NEXT MEETING, AUGUST 27.
Available for a Vote
County Ordinance 19-12 - County Transfer Tax -APPROVED, 5-0