The April 28th meeting started at 5:15 p.m. with a closed session to discuss Personnel.
The Regular meeting was called to order at 5:35 p.m.
The County Administrator announced that it was the consensus of the Board to hire Crystal Richard, Esquire, as the new Attorney for the Ethics Commission.
Commissioner Dumenil was unable to attend this meeting.
- Child Abuse Prevention Month – April 2020 Proclamation - Read by Commissioner Chris Corchiarino
- QAC Area Agency on Aging Volunteer Appreciation - Read by Commissioner Jack Wilson
- Draft 2020 Annual MDOT Transportation Priority Letter - This letter outlines transportation priorities for inclusion in the 2021-2026 Consolidated Transportation Plan. The letter is very similar to past years letters and continues to identify the top transportation priorities for QAC. Major projects included are: Chesapeake Bay Bridge NEPA Study, Maryland Route 18, US 301 at Grade Intersections and MD 213/US 50 Interchange.
- Property Lien’s – This is resolution 20-09 to place a lien on the property for a nuisance (high grass) violation. - APPROVED 4-0
- Operating Request for Housing Study – This is the contract award for the Affordable Housing study to “Partners for Economic Solutions” in the amount of $56,080. This is a grant funded project that will evaluate the needs of low-to-moderate income level households and outline solutions to increase housing opportunities in the County. The study will also forecast the housing needs over the next 10-15 years and provide strategies for inclusion in the County’s Comprehensive – APPROVED 4-0
- Budget and Fiscal Action – The Commissioners implemented a hiring freeze excepting mission critical positions and an operating budget hold on spending excepting mission critical or COVID-19 related expenses, and grant funds. APPROVED 4-0
1. SKI Project Phase 2 Grant Funding - Awarded/Approved by MDE
2. Refuse Disposal Permit Renewal – Midshore I Transfer Station
3. MDE notice of Application for State Wetland Licenses
4. Notification to Adjacent Property Owners
I. Overview, Current Economic/Fiscal Situation - Jon Seeman, Director Budget & Finance
II. Board of Education Budget Work Session - Dr. Andrea Kane, School Superintendent