We are expecting to feel the impact of the remnants of Hurricane Ida later this evening until Thursday morning.
The National Weather Service says we can expect:
- Significant amounts of heavy rain which could lead to flash flooding.
- Wind gusts of 25-35 MPH which could lead to downed trees and potential for power outages.
- Tornados are possible Wednesday afternoon into Wednesday night.
We urge residents to:
- Never drive through flooded roadways!
- Pay attention to the weather warning and stay indoors during severe weather.
- Monitor the weather forecasts.
- Keep devices charged in case of power outages.
- Let friends and family know of your travel route and expected arrival time.
- Follow us and Mount Holly National Weather service for the latest updates.
Make sure to follow Department of Emergency Services on social media @QACDES or online at qacdes.org