Queen Anne’s County Update on Vaccine Distribution
Queen Anne’s County has an efficient procedure in place for vaccine distribution. Thanks to the dedication and hard work of our vaccine deployment team, we are now leading the state in vaccine distribution. While the Queen Anne’s County Health Department stands ready to vaccinate our citizens, the process remains constrained by the supply of vaccines allotted to the county by the state. We have requested an increased supply, but do not know how much vaccine the county will receive in advance of scheduling vaccine clinics.
For this week’s clinic the Health Department has now received notice from the State that our shipment of vaccine is far less than requested, which impacts the scheduled clinics.
For those that have an appointment scheduled this week you may receive a cancellation. Based on the supply, priority for the scheduled clinics will be given first to higher risk. Therefore, we are first prioritizing our education and daycare providers by age (65 and older). Please check your email, including your spam folder. You will be placed back on our wait list and will be contacted to reschedule as we receive additional vaccine.
Due to the amount of vaccine we have received we will be vaccinating the following:
- Live or work in Queen Anne’s County and;
- Are listed in the Phase 1A and 1B groups, which include
- Healthcare workers
- First responders (EMS, FIRE, Law Enforcement)
- Education or daycare (over 65 years of age)
- County residents 75 years of age or older
If you fit into these criteria AND have an appointment scheduled, you must have proof of residency and work with you to the appointment. Family members of these qualified registrants are not eligible for the vaccine currently.
Acceptable forms of identification include:
- Government Issued Identification (driver’s license, passport or identification card)
- Identification issued by your employer or organization that states you work for them and provide services that fall in the 1A or 1B category.
- Letter from your employer or organization on letterhead that states you provide services that fall into the 1A or 1B category.
You will not be admitted into the appointment if you cannot provide these forms of identification.
We want to thank our residents for their patience and understanding. Make sure to visit our website qahealth.org and qaccovid.org and follow us on social media @QACDOH and @QACGOV for more updates.