2022 OPIOID AWARENESS POSTER CONTEST
This is your chance to take a stand in Queen Anne’s, before it is too late!
All 6th - 12th Graders are encouraged to participate!
One winner per participating group.
The groups are:
* Centreville Middle School * Kent Island High School
* Matapeake Middle School * Queen Anne’s County High School
* Stevensville Middle School * Private / Homeschoolers (This group
* Sudlersville Middle School includes: The Gunston School, Wye Upper
River School & QAC 9th - 12th Grade
Middle Schoolers (6th - 8th Graders):
High Schools & Private / Homeschoolers (9th-12th Graders):
- Choice of a $300 Amazon Gift Card OR
a Free Driver’s Education Course
Prizes were made possible through donations from:
QAC Drug Free Coalition Members,
Campbell’s Driving School & Shane’s Driving School.
Deadline for all entries is March 15, 2022 (Midnight).
- All hard copy entries should be turned in to the front office at your school. Homeschoolers can turn their entries in to the receptionist at the Board of Education. Digital entries should be sent to email@example.com.
- Entries can be submitted digitally (PDF Files with “Print Quality” or as a “hard copy” (8 ½” x 11” paper). Any medium can be utilized (EX: chalk, paint, markers, watercolors, etc.)
- DO NOT bend or fold your hard copy entries!
- All entries should support the “Opioid Awareness” theme.
- There must be a minimum of (5) entries in a participating group for a winner to be selected.
- All messages should be expressed in a positive and supportive manner.
- For digital imaging guidance and some ideas of appropriate messages that can be utilized, go to QAC Goes Purple Facebook page (Facebook.com/QACGoesPurple) and look under Events.
- Use your imagination!
- All entries must be age appropriate for a broad audience.
- Entries should not depict any copyrighted characters or trademarks.
- On the back of your artwork you must list: your school, your name, grade level, a good contact number or email & a list of any sources for facts or statistics used on your poster. Digitally submitted entries must provide the same information when they are submitted.
- Judges from the QAC Drug Free Coalition will select winners from each participating group based on: expression of the theme, creativity, originality, visual clarity, originality, visual clarity, spelling, broad audience appeal & educational value.
- Winners agree to allow reproduction of their entries for use as advertisement in a variety of media sources selected by the OEPC.
- Submitting any entry signifies that you have read, understand and agree to the contest rules as stated above. Upon selection winners will need to sign waivers.
Supported by the Opioid Operational Command Center. The views presented here are those of the grantee organization, QACPS, and not necessarily those of the OOCC, its Executive Director, or its staff.