The Queen Anne’s County Commissioners are looking to fill a vacancy on the Employee Awards Committee. The deadline for applications is January 15, 2023. This committee consists of seven members and two of these are citizen volunteers.
The establishment of an Employee Awards Committee is authorized in Subtitle 27 of the Human Resources section of the County Code. The committee:
- Makes a determination of the amount of an employee award and makes the award recommendation to the County Commissioners
- Makes recommendations to the County Commissioners to more effectively structure and operate the awards program
- Obtains independent technical evaluations of suggestions
- Provides oversight for all County employee awards
- Receives and evaluates each employee suggestion
- Refers suggestions to specific County departments for technical evaluation in order to establish their merit on the basis of practical application and amount of cost savings associated with such suggestions, if any
If you are interested, send a letter of interest and a brief resume to email@example.com or via mail to Shari Hershberger, 107 N. Liberty Street, Centreville, MD 21617. Please include your address and phone number. Those with questions may also reach Ms. Hershberger at 410-758-4098.