Queen Anne’s County Animal Services to Host Community Open House on October 21st
Queen Anne’s County Animal Services (QACAS) is excited to announce their upcoming Open House on Saturday, October 21st, 2023, from 11:00 AM to 3:00 PM. This event promises a day of fun, education, and a celebration of recent improvements at the shelter, all while supporting the welfare of animals in Queen Anne’s County.
- Shelter Tours: Explore the shelter's recent enhancements and learn about QACAS's dedication to animal welfare.
- Face Painting: Enjoy creative face painting for all ages.
- Pet Parade: Witness adorable pets strut their stuff in a charming pet parade.
- Raffle Prizes: Win exciting raffle prizes.
- Moon Bounces: Delight your children with inflatable moon bounces.
- Balloon Artist: Be amazed by the talents of a balloon artist.
- Informational Tents: Learn about programs and initiatives from some of our partners.
- Food: Satisfy your cravings with delicious offerings from vendors on-site.
This event is open to the public, and admission is free. Food will be available for purchase from the food vendors.
Take a tour and see the recent improvements to the dog play yards, including enhanced fencing and ground cover, as well as the addition of shading and an agility course.
For more information about Queen Anne’s County Animal Services and to stay updated on available animals for adoption, please visit qac.org and search for "Animal Services" or follow them on social media @QACAnimalServices.
About QAC Animal Services: QACAS devotes our efforts and resources to the animals of Queen Anne’s County. Animal Services provides comprehensive medical service and treatment to all animals in our care. They are focused on ensuring all animals physical and psychological needs are met through an extensive enrichment initiative. The thriving TNR (trap neuter release) program is decreasing the spread of disease while helping to control the feral cat population. At QACAS, we are committed to meeting the needs of our community through our humane practices and progressive programs.